IEEE International Conference
2008 The Venetian,
Las Vegas, Nevada April 16-17, 2008
The 2008 IEEE International Conference on RFID co-located with RFID Journal Live! 2008 is attracting leading researchers, developers, integrators, and visionaries to discuss and expand their knowledge of technologies, systems, networks, algorithms, and applications of RF-based wireless communications and identification systems.
IEEE RFID 2008 is the second annual conference dedicated to addressing the technical and policy challenges in the areas of radio frequency identification (RFID) technologies, their supporting large-scale distributed information systems, and their applications.
The conference features keynote speeches on pressing topics.
- April 16 Keynote Speaker: James T. Farricker, Senior Technical Fellow & Chief Engineer, The Boeing Company, Boeing’s RFID Unfolding Story – From Manufacturing to Maintenance.”
- April 16 Luncheon Speaker: Anthony T. “Buzz” Cerino, RFID and transportation security systems and operations consultant, The Flight & Fight for International Standard RFID Baggage Tagging.”
- April 17 Symposium Panel: RFID Technology for Transportation Security Logistics, featuring experts from LTM, I.D. Systems, McCarran International Airport, Shipcom Wireless, and consultants with knowledge of RFID transportation activity in FAA, TSA, IATA, EPCglobal.
- April 17 Symposium Panel and Roundtable on Careers in RFID, with industry experts, plus academic, IEEE and student leaders.
- April 17 Luncheon Panel on “RFID in Casinos”.
Accepted and presented papers will be published in the IEEE conference proceedings and in IEEE Xplore. A Best Paper Award, sponsored by ODIN Technologies, Inc., will be awarded to the best technical paper accepted and presented at the conference.